IAG UK manufactures and distributes audio equipment under many well established and highly regarded brands including Wharfedale, Mission, Audiolab, Castle, LEAK and QUAD.
The UK company is owned by IAG Group Macao and operates out of its premises in Huntingdon.
As we continue to expand our UK manufacturing and R&D facilities a vacancy has arisen for an Industrial Design Engineer to work alongside other R&D staff both in the UK and in China, to deliver concept product designs to internal specifications.
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create preliminary artistic illustrations or renderings of product concepts
- Use Solidworks CAD software to create and refine virtual models of product designs
- Design new engineering products and processes to ensure they are user and environment friendly
- Engineer fully detailed 3D CAD models and 2D CAD engineering drawings to British Standards for production
- Take primary ownership of multiple design projects, managing workflow and monitoring progress
- In some instances, take designs through to production
- Analyse prototype data and retest if needed
- Assist with mechanical and production engineering work as time permits
- Research new product ideas, methods and industry literature, attend specific tradeshows
The Industrial Design Engineer will be expected to take primary ownership of multiple design projects, managing workflow, monitoring and reporting on progress using sound project management software and techniques.
This is very much a hands-on role, suiting someone with some experience in consumer products and a degree in Industrial Design (Engineering) or similar. Experience working with Speaker Cabinet design would be a plus whilst knowledge of SolidWorks CAD software is a must. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate good understanding of safety standards, environmental impact of a design and computational and spatial abilities.
The ideal applicant will be at an early stage of their career, preferably with a minimum of 3 years’ experience, willing to learn and develop alongside more experienced ID Managers. They should be prepared to travel abroad from time to time.
If interested, please apply to email@example.com
About IAG Group